Significant increase of drilling performance can be reached when using a continuous flight auger which is installed in one continuous pass:
- The soil which is loosened at the auger tip is conveyed to the surface by the auger flight.
- Borehole wall is supported by the auger filled with drill spoil.
- Use of a crowd winch facilitates penetration
into hard soil formations.
- Attaching a kelly extension increases the
drilling depth by 6 - 8 m. Pile is concreted through hollow stem by means of concrete pump.
- Concrete is pumped by a concrete pump
through the hollow stem of the auger while extracting the auger. Concrete feed pressure
can be measured at the tip of the continuous flight auger.
- Diameters 500 - 1200 mm
- Drilling depth 10 - 28 m